This configuration guide will walk you through the process of setting up a smart RAID array on your HP P410/P410i. Looking to upgrade your RAID? Pick up a HP P410 RAID controller and find the HP RAID setup below.
HP P410/P410i Array Configuration Guide
2. When the BIOS displays "Press any key to view Option ROM messages" press the space bar. It may take a few presses, after which the server should start displaying details about the startup process.
3. The Option ROM messages will go through each RAID controller installed on the system. In 16-bay systems there is usually a P410 along with a P410i controller. When the controller displays "Press to run the Option ROM Configuration For Arrays Utility," press F8. If you do not press any key, you will be given a chance to run the Option ROM Configuration for another controller
4. After entering the HP array configuration utility you will be greeted with the main menu for the controller. Select the option to create a logical drive.
5. You will be presented with the array configuration screen. Select the drives that you would like to include in the array. The controller will select an aproprate RAID level for the number of disks. We suggest changing the RAID level to fit your needs. Unsupported RAID levels will be disabled.
6. Once you have set your array configuration you should press enter to save the configuration. The server will confirm once more and ask you to press F10 to save the changes.
7. You will be returned to the main menu. If you have remaining unconfigured drives you may create another array. Otherwise you can press escape to exit the menu. If there are remaining controllers that have yet to display their option ROM messages, you will be given a chance to configure them now.