- Turn on your Dell PowerEdge 12th Gen system (R420/R520/R620/R720/R820)
- Press <F2> to enter System Setup Main Menu screen as soon as you see the option for it on the top right of your screen, as shown in the picture below
Setup and Configure IDRAC for DELL Poweredge servers
3. Scroll down to “iDRAC Settings” in the System Setup Main Menu (F2 > iDRAC Settings), as shown below, and hit <Enter>.
4. Scroll down to “Network” in the iDRAC Settings screen (F2 > iDRAC Settings > Network), as shown below, and hit <Enter>.
5. In the Network menu, configure the user defined name, the network details, the netmask, the gateway, and the DNS addresses as shown in the picture below.
- Once configured properly, just hit the <Esc> key, which will display the Exit menu.
- The Exit menu will ask if you want to save changes, select “Save Changes” and press <Enter> to retain your changes.
- Now that you’ve setup the configuration for your server, enter into the BIOS through the iDRAC terminal. The default login credentials are:
Username: root Password: root