Adaptec 5805 Array Configuration Guide
This Adaptec RAID array configuration guide will walk you through the process of setting up a RAID array on your Adaptec 5805 controller.
1. Make sure you have physical or console access to the server you wish to create the array on.
2. Press CTRL-A when prompted to enter the Adaptec RAID Configuration Utility.
3. Select the Array Configuration Utility option to bring the array configuration menu up.
4. Select the initialize drives option to bring up the drive initialization screen. Drives must be initialized before being added to a RAID volume on this controller. The initialization process will delete all data on the disk.
5. Press space to add drives to the initialization process. Once you have selected all the drives to be initialized press enter. You will be warned that the process will erase the drives.
6. Press Y on the notices and the initialization will start. You will be returned to the main menu where you will now be able to create an array.
7. Select the Create Array option from the main menu. This will bring you to the drive selection menu. Press space to select drive you wish to add to this RAID volume.
8. Once you are done selecting your disks press enter. This will bring you to the array settings screen. Here you can select your RAID level. We reccomend RAID-1 for basic redundancy with two disks and RAID-5 if you have more than two disks. Another recommended setting is to set write caching to enable with battery. Everything else can be left at their defaults.
9. After you confirm your volume settings the array will be created and you will be returned to the main menu. You may create a new array for the Adaptec 5805 if you have remaining unconfigured disks installed or exit the utility.
10. After you confirm your volume settings the array will be created and you will be returned to the main menu. You may create a new array if you have remaining unconfigured disks installed or exit the utility.