This RAID configuration guide will walk you through the process of setting up a RAID array on your Dell PERC 6iR controller.
Dell PERC 6iR Array Configuration Guide
1. Make sure you have physical or console access to the server you wish to create the array on.
2. Press CTRL-C when prompted by the BIOS to enter the RAID configuration utility.
3. A selection menu should appear allowing you to select the controller you wish to configure. In most cases there will only be one option here. If you have more than one PERC 6iR RAID controller installed they will be listed here.
4. Once you are inside the configuration utility select the "RAID Properties" option to create a RAID volume
5. Select the desired RAID level. The Dell PERC 6iR supports RAID-0 and RAID-1. We recommmend RAID-1 for redundant configurations with two disks. If you are only attaching one disk select RAID-0.
6. Move the cursor over to the RAID disk column and press space to select disks for use in the volume.
7. Once you are finished selecting disks you should press C in order to save your configuration.
8. Select "Save changes then exit this menu" in order to save your array configuration. You will have to press F3 to confirm your changes once more.
9. Your virtual disk is now ready. You may create more if you have remaining unused physical disks. Otherwise press escape until you reach the exit menu for the RAID configuration utility. Select "Exit the Configuration Utility and Reboot" option.